Pages

Saturday 15 December 2012

My Own Diet




What is ‘healthy’ when it comes to food? Unfortunately, like beauty; health seems to be in the eye of the beholder. However, if you’re actively trying to reduce your bodyfat in a constructive way, then ‘healthy’ needs to conform to a much tighter definition. 3 Meals of Bagels, Cereals and pastas, garnished with sides of dessert (e.g. ‘fat-free’ or sugar-loaded, fruit yoghurt) and bolus doses of fruit will simply not get you the results you want. Especially if these results are to be TRULY lean. If you want to look like a fitness model, then you have to eat and train like one regardless of gender. By the same token, it seems there is a large portion of the ‘dieting’ populace that seems to be taking their energy intake to dangerously low levels because they’ve been brainwashed by the message of ‘low calories & low fat = weight loss’. However, neither of these approaches seem ideal in my opinion. But, there’s so much processed junk out there - it’s impossible to eat healthy (you might say). Baloney!

The above image shows my diet as it stood before my European vacation. By eating natural, unrefined & unprocessed whole foods and regularly training with intensity I dropped to 10% bodyfat without this being my aim (see display picture).

Why am I posting such ‘useless’ information? Well, number 1 - it seems half of Tumblr is doing it, so why can’t I? But more importantly, I wanted to demonstrate that it is possible (even in today’s society) to eat a diet which is free from refined and processed foods and that starvation is not they key to your weight loss. By the same token, I wanted people to understand that while a moderate amount of carbohydrates are healthy, even these should be as close to unrefined and ‘WHOLE GRAIN’ as possible for maximum results. In fact, if you’re not performing exercise which depletes your glycogen stores then I would go so far as to suggest that your carbohydrate intake should come solely from vegetables and low-GI (low fructose) fruit and the bulk of your diet should come from proteins and healthy fats.

Feedback and thoughts are definitely welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment